Some haptics/research related links:
Some HCI and mobile related conferences/journals:
- ACM CHI (or, more generally, SIGCHI): The biggest (well someone's got to be) HCI conference.
- ACM UIST: Another ACM conference, focusing more exclusively on technology
- ACM Ubicomp: computers.... everywhere....
- ACM CSCW: ACM conference covering collaborative systems
- Mobile HCI: HCI on mobile devices
- Interact: bi-yearly HCI conference
- Pervasive: computers.... everywhere....
- TOCHI: the largest HCI related journal from the ACM.
A list of SCI-E (ISI Web of Knowledge listed) HCI journals, complete with impact factors and URLS can be found here: www.whereveriam.org/work/journals.html.
Some haptics/VR conferences:
- The Haptics Symposium: an etablished American haptics conference.
- EuroHaptics: the most significant European haptics conference.
- WorldHaptics: they join together every two years to produce a world event
- IEEE VR: the Haptics Symposium is usually held in conjunction with IEEE VR
Some digital arts conference:
General links on narrative and locative media:
- Valentina Nisi: her website which covers her locative work
- Re:: online magazine for locative media
- dStory: digital storytelling conference
- StoryCenter: centre for digital storytelling
- Autostart: a digital Literature festival
- StoryTron: a system for building interactive narratives
- Facade: an interactive narative game
Some programming related links:
Some general nonsense:
Some travel links
- CIBT: comprehensive visa information (and expedition service) for a bunch of nationalities (including UK). From the look of the site, may one day become a pay service.
- World Nomads: buy travel insurance easily cheaply and independant of where you currently are
- Zuji: a good online travel agent with branches all over asia (and including Oz)
- TourExpress: the online travel agent I use in Korea (in Korean).
- Opodo: online travel agent in many different European countries
Handy Budget airlines
- MartinAir: Dutch, with some cheap-ish flights across the atlantic, including some carribean options.
- Tiger Airways: Singapore, cheap deals round SE Asia, including a stretch down to Darwin
- Air Asia:KL, another good one for SE Asia, apparantly the market leader in the region.
Some links on the city of Gwangju
Links from my time in Daejeon (2006-2007):
Some general links on Korea
These are some links from where I used to work (in summer/autumn 05).
- GalbiJim, a wiki on Korea
- Korea listing, a whats on in Korea
- Korea Bridge, a forum site
- Expat in Korea, another forum site
- Dave's ESL cafe, a job/forum site, mainly for English teachers
- Tour 2 Korea, an tourism and info site
- Korea Info Gate, a tourism and travel focused portal
- The Chosun Ilbo, a newspaper
- The Korea Herald, another newspaper
- The Korea Times, a final newspaper
- Korean Air's website
- Asiana's website (another Korean airline)
- KTX, high speed rail website
- The main Korean immigration website
- Art Center Nabi, a centre for digital art in Seoul
- What the Book, a Seoul bookstore where you can order books online all over Korea